ADVOCATE FOR THE PEOPLE
8 Years of proven service in times of crisis for the people of Grafton County
- The shock from the financial crisis of 2008 was still reverberating as I took office in January of 2010. I brought attention to the issues related to MERS Mortgage Electronic Registration System and have worked to define the value of the Official Public Record.
- Northern Pass had just rolled out as I was elected to office in November of 2010. The Grafton County Registry of Deeds became ground zero for frightened people searching the old deeds from the 1930s and 1940s when most of the PSNH easements were granted. I immediately became a strong voice for the opposition testifying before the SEC as the Grafton County Register of Deeds and raising awareness as a private citizen.
- As a member of the New Hampshire Register of Deeds Association Legislative Committee, I provided consistent persuasive testimony on legislation affecting the Registries.
- Contributing Member- Property Records Industry Association / International Association of Government Officials contributing to the conversation at annual conferences on emerging issues related to real property transfer.
- Grafton County Joint Loss Management Team Member 2010-2018, Chairman 2017-2018. Working with our insurer and other team members to keep Grafton County as a safe environment, resolving potential liability concerns and seeking best practices and policies.
- Teaming with our Industry Partner Fidlar Technologies in providing Property Fraud Alert, a secure, no-cost program to help identify a potential mortgage and property fraud.